Please rest assured your credit union is stable and financially sound. We are well-capitalized with ample liquidity. Your money is safe, and deposits are federally insured to at least $250,000 by NCUA. Additional coverage options are available. Please call 800-268-6928 for assistance. Learn more.

Checking and Savings

How do I reorder checks?

Click here to reorder your checks online. For your convenience the amount of your purchase will be deducted automatically from your account. Or simply call us at 800-268-6928 and a Member Service Representative will be happy to help.

You can also reorder checks in Online Banking. Click “Account Services” and then “Check Reorder” and follow the prompts.

What is Dominion Energy Credit Union’s routing number?

Dominion Energy Credit Union’s routing number is 251082644.

How do I dispute a charge on my Dominion Energy CU checking or savings account?

If you feel there is an unknown charge on your Dominion Energy CU checking or savings account, please contact us and report the charges, the merchant, and the dates on which they occurred. We will then close your debit or ATM card, order a new card for you, and create a provisional credit on your account.

Our fraud department will then conduct an investigation into the matter. Please keep in mind that you only have 60 days to file a claim. Due to several factors, the investigation and chargeback could take several months to a year to complete.

If you are disputing a charge (incorrect amount, incorrect merchandise, etc.) on your Dominion Energy CU checking or savings account for something that you initiated, please contact the merchant and ask them to review the transaction and ask for a refund. If they don't, please contact us and complete and return the appropriate Dispute Form as soon as possible. Our dispute department will then conduct an investigation. Again, you only have 60 days to file a dispute, and the same time factors indicated above for fraud claims exist.

For credit card fraud and disputes, please see credit card FAQs.

What is a savings certificate?

A savings certificate is the same as a certificate of deposit or CD. When you open a savings certificate, you are investing a specific amount of money for a specific amount of time (known as the term). Savings certificates typically earn a higher interest rate than a basic savings account.

To learn more about our Savings Certificates click here.

To open a Savings Certificate, click here for a certificate application, log into Online Banking, or call our Member Service Department at 800-268-6928.

Please mail us a check for your deposit to the certificate. You may also visit a shared branch and make a deposit to your DECU savings account, then call us to transfer the funds to your savings certificate.

Once your certificate is opened you will be mailed information on the certificate (rate, term etc.). When the certificate expires, you’ll have a two-week window to move into a new certificate or savings option or withdraw the funds.

What is overdraft protection?

Your account is automatically signed up for free overdraft protection from your Dominion Energy CU Savings. If you do not have enough money in Checking to cover a transaction, we will pull the funds to cover that transaction from your savings account. This service is now available for checks, automatic drafts, and debit card transactions. With checks and automatic drafts, the money will come over in increments of $100, or for the amount needed if your balance is below $100. With debit card transactions, we will pull the exact amount needed.

Overdraft Protection from Savings will kick in before Courtesy Pay. You are automatically opted in for Courtesy Pay on checks and automatic transfers. However, you must opt in for Courtesy Pay on Debit Card transactions.

How do I set up a Courtesy Pay alert?

  1. Log in to Online Banking
  2. Click “Settings”
  3. Click “Alerts”
  4. From the drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner, select “History Alert.”
  5. Under “Account,” select the account you would like to monitor.
  6. Under “Transaction,” select “Description.”
  7. Under “Description,” type “Withdrawal Courtesy Pay Fee”
  8. Select a delivery method
  9. Select a frequency
  10. Click “Save”
  11. Your alert should now appear under your “History Alerts” on your “Alerts” page

Are my deposits federally insured?

Your shares are insured up to at least $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) just like the deposit insurance protection offered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). NCUA is a well-respected federal agency backed by the full faith of the Federal Government. No credit union member has ever lost a penny of insured funds in the entire history of NCUA.

Several options are available for additional share insurance coverage for members with more than $250,000. This NCUA brochure gives an overview. You can learn more about NCUA share insurance online and by using NCUA’s share insurance estimator. Please call Member Services at 800-268-6928 for assistance and to discuss