Buying a home is a big moment in anyone's life. We'll help you get into yours sooner.
We make getting a mortgage a simple and positive experience. Our online mortgage portal makes applying easy and keeps you informed every step of the way.
- Available on primary and secondary/vacation homes in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Ohio*
- Conventional fixed-rate and adjustable-rate options
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Veterans Administration (VA) loans that come with lower down payments, relaxed credit guidelines and other financial benefits
- Competitive closing costs with no penalty for early payoff
At Dominion Energy Credit Union, we make homebuying more affordable.
- As little as 3% down for first-time homebuyers on conventional loans
- 5:5 ARM with a 10% down and no private mortgage insurance
- FHA loans with as little as 3.5% down and flexible credit qualifications
- VA loans with little to no money down for qualifying applicants
We want to help you get into that first home sooner, and we’re here to help you feel comfortable and confident along the way.
- Only 3% down required for first time home buyers on conventional loans
- Competitive closing costs make homebuying more affordable
- Friendly advisors to walk you through the process, and tons of helpful resources to guide you
- Even if you’re still a couple years out it makes sense to do some research now, and to get your credit and plans for a down payment in order. We can help!
Making the decision to apply for a mortgage is a huge decision and we have a few options to help you make your decision. Our professional advisors will explain the advantages of each of our home loans and help guide you to one that fits best with your budget and future plans.
- For potential savings, ask about our refinancing options
- For a custom mortgage quote or consultation, contact one of our specialists
- Before you buy, crunch the numbers with helpful calculators and do your research by trying the resources below
- Check out our Homebuyers Guide to help you in your decision-making process
- View a helpful checklist to help you prepare for your application process
|FHA 30 Year
|VA 30 Year
Make Your Dreams a Reality
For a custom quote and consultation on a purchase or refinance, contact one of our specialists using the form below.
Mortgage Education Series
Check out these quick videos for an easy-to-understand overview of everything mortgage – from payments to loan types, terms, refinancing, and first time homebuyers tips.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply for loans and credit cards at the same time you join! There is no waiting period before you can take advantage of all our member benefits. The moment you become a member, you can start applying for auto loans, mortgages, and every other service we have to offer.
Click here to apply for a mortgage. We currently offer first mortgages on primary and second homes in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Ohio. Our online mortgage portal makes it super easy to apply and gives you control so you can check the status every step of the way.
Please note: We recommend using your personal email address when you apply to ensure emails are received okay.
Financial education and resources to support your success
*Financing is not available on investment properties or mobile/manufactured homes.
**RATES POSTED ARE INDICATIONS ONLY AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. IF YOU WISH TO LOCK IN YOUR RATE, PLEASE CONSULT DOMINION ENERGY CREDIT UNION. This estimate is based on a mortgage loan secured by a single family home that will be used as a primary residence. Other assumptions include: a loan amount of $243,750, an estimated property value of $325,000, and an assumed credit score of 780.Your actual rate and/or points may be different, as many factors go into providing you with a mortgage loan such as, the amount of the down payment, how much equity you have or whether you are purchasing, refinancing just the existing debt or refinancing & adding to the loan amount. The above scenarios do not include cash-out refinances and there may be credit score adjustments based on an applicant's credit history. PAYMENT EXAMPLES ONLY REFLECT PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST PAYMENT AND EXCLUDES ESCROW (REAL ESTATE PROPERTY TAX AND HOME OWNERS INSURANCE (AKA HAZARD INSURANCE), WHICH WOULD CAUSE THE ACTUAL PAYMENT TO BE HIGHER
Dominion Energy Credit Union, headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, is a full-service financial institution that serves Dominion Energy employees and offers a variety of mortgage products with competitive rates and low down payments.