Dominion Energy Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is as accessible as our branches. We have made best efforts to implement the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
There is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG but we have used a variety of methods for assessing our accessibility, not limited to but including physical tests using screen readers and keyboard only. If you find a part of the site that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG or are having difficulty getting the information you need, please use one of the methods below to let us know so that we can rectify it.
- Dominion Energy Credit Union strives to make every page accessible to users but cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Some pages have partial conformance due to the use of 3rd party vendors. As such Dominion Energy Credit Union does not claim full site-wide Conformance, instead a partial conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0. Dominion Energy Credit Union cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets.
- Our conformance claims only extend to pages within the CLIENT URL domain.
- Dominion Energy Credit Union has used WCAG guidelines for conformance as suggested by the Department of Justice. Though some of the conformance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- Dominion Energy Credit Union chose to use WCAG for conformance because they are determined by the W3C, the consortium that makes the guidelines for the Internet, worldwide.
- Dominion Energy Credit Union uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance but understands W3C's position that there is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible'.
- We are aware that our Moneyline pages (https://www.dominionenergycu.org/resources/education/moneyline-newsletter/) are not conformant. At the time we are unable to correct this issue. However we have placed a link to the accessible PDF version of the page at the top of each Moneyline page’s body copy to provide an accessible format. If you find difficulties accessing this information, please contact us so we may provide an alternative that works for you.
- We are aware that our ‘It’s a Money thing’ PDFs (example URL) may not work for persons with disabilities. At the time we are unable to correct this issue because they are provided via a third party vendor. If you find difficulties accessing this information, please contact us so we may try to find an alternative that works for you.
- There are PDFs on the site that are not ideally conformant. If you have any difficulty, please contact us.