We've created step-by-step instructions to help you make the switch
Let's get you started. Before long, you'll be able to enjoy free checking with eStatements, a Visa® rewards credit card, an affordable mortgage and low-cost auto financing. Our Switch Kit makes things easy. Or just follow instructions below.
- Become a member when you open a savings account with a minimum $5 deposit - no deposit required for Dominion Energy employees who sign up for payroll deduction.
- Open a free checking account with eStatements - there's no additional deposit required.
- Once you’ve received your new account number, you can easily switch your direct deposit over.
- Dominion Energy employees can also sign up to have set amounts deposited into their Credit Union accounts automatically through Payroll Deduction.
Contact the businesses where you have automatic payments set up and give them your new DECU account number and our routing number. These business may include:
- Phone service
- Gym/club memberships
- Insurance, loans, rent or mortgage
- Streaming services and online subscriptions
- Keep your old accounts open until all automatic deposits and deductions have been switched over. Make sure you leave enough money to cover any transactions and automatic withdrawals that haven't cleared yet.
- Then withdraw your money from your old bank, and deposit it into your Dominion Energy CU account by mail or at a branch.
Use our Comparison Worksheet to find more ways to earn and save.
*CUNA Membership Benefits Report. Average based on high-use households.